Facts about women in the Enlightenment
- Philosophes challenged many assumptions about the government and society, but they took a traditional view toward women
- Rousseau developed many progressive ideas about education
- Rousseau believed that women should be taught how to be a good wife and mother
- male social critics scolded women for reading novels because they thought it encouraged wickedness.
- women made important contribution to the enlightenment in many ways
- enlightenment arguments about government to criticize the unequal relationships between men and women in marriage